Open call for proposals
EVA International – Ireland’s Biennial is pleased to announce the Open Call for artists’ proposals for the 38th edition in 2018, curated by Inti Guerrero (Bogotá/Hong Kong).
Since its inception in 1977, EVA has maintained, expanded and reformulated its Open Call as a tool for curatorial research, democratising the biennial spectrum for art practices across media, generations and locations.
For EVA 2018, the revision and selection process of the Open Call is a call to respond to "the current state". This could be a reflection on the current state of your work, the current state of government, the current state of your family, the current state of art history, the current state of ideology, the current state of your illness, the current state of religion, or a reflection on how the state of today reminds you of the state of yesterday.
Rather than a monolithic thematic exhibition, EVA 2018 wishes to establish a cosmology of exhibitions; a kaleidoscopic ecology of intertwining group shows with essayistic, retinal and bodily narratives. The 38th edition of EVA International will be open to the public from 14 April to 8 July 2018, across various locations, institutions and public spaces in Limerick City. The closing date for receipt of all proposals is 12pm (GMT) 31 January 2017.
- Registration and contact details
- CV/Biography and Artist Stement in PDF format
- A non-refundable handling fee of €10 must be paid in order to complete the application process.
- A description of your proposal to include any appropriate additional information e.g. installation requirements, equipment, relation to specific location, etc. Maximum 250 words.
- Up to five supporting images in JPG, PNG or GIF file formats only. Please do not upload other formats. Max 20MB in total.
- Up to two links to videos online, we recommend using vimeo with a password.
- An outline of a budget if you are proposing a new work.
If you are experiencing any technical difficulties please contact us.